SALTED CARAMEL THUMBPRINTS SALTED CARAMEL THUMBPRINTS COOKIES RECIPE
– by Add a Pinch
Salted Caramel Thumbprints Cookies make the perfect cookie for the second day of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies series. Don’t ya think?Let me tell you, these little thumbprint cookies are absolutely the most amazing little Christmas cookie. They do take a little bit of effort, but they are so very much worth it.It’s true!
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chilled caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar until creamy. Add in vanilla and egg until well-incorporated and then slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt. Shape dough into a ball. Cut into fourths and wrap each section tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of dough and then roll in between the palms of your hands until a ball, about the size of a walnut, has formed. Drop onto a cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of the dough ball to form a slight well. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Place sheet pans in the freezer for about 12 minutes to firm to prevent spreading during baking.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slighty.
- Scoop ½ teaspoon of chilled caramel sauce to fill the center of the cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.
Comments are closed.