SOUTHWEST TACO SOUP
From Red and Honey
1/4 cup of butter
2 onions, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. cumin
4 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. oregano
2 sweet peppers, diced (yellow, red, or orange)
2 lbs. ground beef or ground pork
8-10 cups of bone broth (chicken or beef)
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of black beans…
(I personally don’t like black beans so I substitute with chilli beans &/ot kidney beans)
Fresh diced cilantro
broken up corn chips
1. Melt butter in large stock pot.
2. Saute onions until softened.
3. Add garlic, stir.
4. Add salt, cumin, chili powder, and oregano, stir.
5. Add 1/4 cup of the broth, if necessary.
6. Add the meat, stir until it is broken up and browned through.
7. Pour in remainder of broth and stir.
8. Add diced tomatoes and beans.
9. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
10. Stir in cilantro, if desired. Serve with suggested toppings, and enjoy!