*[This recipe can be a good use for leftover beef]
The best beef Stroganoff simply starts with good ingredients, like grass-fed (free of hormones, steroids, and antibiotic) or organic beef… sautéed with onions, mushrooms and sour cream.
Beef is the best source of iron and vitamin B-12, which aids the metabolism of every cell in your body.
For this recipe I use common white button mushrooms.
Just trim the stem ends and wipe the caps clean with a dry towel.
Note – when sour cream is cooked it must be heated slowly over low heat or it will separate. Do not allow it to boil. Also, be careful not to over stir sour cream because it can thin and curdle.
Serve over buttered noodles.
Topping with a dollop of sour cream…optiinal 😉
– loosely 😉 adapted from Epicurious
2 lbs of medium to rare cooked lean Roast Beef (or more) 😀
Dash of salt (or to taste, which you do thru-out cooking) 😉
Dash of fresh cracked black pepper
4 ounces of butter
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
3 cups no salt beef broth (I use Better Than Bouillon)
Couple splashes Worcestershire
12 ounces fresh button mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 small onion chopped
6 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Clean the mushrooms by brushing off all dirt and particles.
2. Slice and cut the roast beef into strips ½ inch thick by 2 inches long.
3. In a large, heavy skillet or pan, melt 2oz of butter on medium heat. Sautee the mushrooms with a dash of salt and pepper for about 5 minutes, or until they are nice and golden brown and their liquid has been released and cooked off. Remove and place in a container to the side.
4. Melt 2oz butter with 2oz of olive oil, and add the beef strips. Stir until cooked and remove to a container. If using leftovers, heat thru.
5. Melt the remaining 2oz of butter and cook the onions and garlic till translucent.
6. Sprinkle with the flour.
7. Pour 2 cups of broth in the pan and boil stirring constantly.
8. Lower the heat and stir in Worcestershire.
9. Add the meat and mushrooms and remaining broth. Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes until the meat is tender.
10. Five minutes before serving, stir in the sour cream.
11. Check seasoning, dalt and pepper to taste, serve over wide flat noodles.
Now…to inundate you with photos