Best Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes (with Video)
The easiest and most unbelievably delicious Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes! And they’ll be on your dinner table in just 20 minutes.
A recipe save & SHARE in our home ➵ 😉 💓🍴 🍳 🍔
– from Tip Buzz
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 ounces provolone cheese sliced or in chunks
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the pan with oil, and add the ground beef.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes until the beef is mostly browned. Strain out most of the fat that accumulates.
- Add in the onions and bell peppers, and stir for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the beef broth followed by the ketchup, Worchester sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of water in a cup, and add to the pan, stirring constantly as it will start thickening quickly.
- Within a few minutes, the mixture should be thick enough to start forming mounds.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and slowly stir it in. Meanwhile, start toasting the buns.
- Once cheese is fully melted, spoon onto buns. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I’ll add my own pics later. Wanted to get this down to “save & share” first 😀