from the pros 😉
This is a lemony riff on Wedding Cookies; they literally melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt*
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar or glazing sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon oil or 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (zest)
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- *If you use salted butter, omit the added salt.
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ or glazing sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup lemon juice powder
- edible glitter, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and salt until soft and fluffy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ or glazing sugar, and lemon oil or grated rind (zest).
- Add the flour, mixing until well combined.
- Form the dough into 1″ balls; a teaspoon cookie scoop is a real time-saver, and your cookies will be nice and uniform. Place the balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes. They should be very light brown on the bottom, and feel set on top.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Let them cool on the baking sheets for 3 minutes before disturbing; they’re very fragile when hot.
- To finish the cookies: Sift the confectioners’ or glazing sugar with the lemon powder and place in a shallow pan. Roll the warm cookies in the sugar/lemon coating.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then add edible glitter (if desired) to the coating and re-roll in the sugar.
- When completely cool, store cookies in airtight containers for 1 week, or freeze for longer storage.
King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour 5 lb.
Teaspoon Cookie Scoop