Here’s a new take on the classic summer caprese salad served as a meal on grilled chicken! This quick and easy grilled chicken dinner has all of the flavours of a caprese salad where the chicken is topped with fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes and plenty of basil! The chicken is marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette which adds a ton of flavour before being grilled which adds an amazing smokiness. The mozzarella is placed on the chicken when it’s just about cooked, but before it’s removed from the heat, so the cheese starts to melt getting all nice and ooey gooey and good! The caprese balsamic grilled chicken is finally topped with a drizzle of balsamic reduction making for one tasty meal that just screams summer!
Caprese Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Fresh and tasty balsamic marinated grilled chicken topped with melting fresh mozzarella, ripe tomato and plenty of basil!
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1 ripe field tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- Marinate the chicken in the balsamic vinaigrette overnight.
- Grill the chicken in medium-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-4 minutes per side before topping with the mozzarella and tomato and letting it heat until it just starts to melt.
- Serve topped with the basil and balsamic reduction.
Note: You can grill the chicken on a barbecue, in a grill pan or regular pan on the stove or broil in the oven.
Note: To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.