The Shortcut Jam That’ll Have You Gifting Jars to Everyone
– by Erin McDowell on Food 52
Makes: about 2 pints
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 3pounds (1.36 kg) fruit of choice, not peeled, pits/stems removed, and sliced or chopped (can be overripe, underripe, or perfect – doesn’t matter!)
- 3/4cup (149 g) granulated sugar (can be more or less, depending on how your fruit tastes)
- 1lemon, juiced
- 1handful flavorings (such as a few pinches of salt or dried spices, vanilla bean seeds, a splash of booze, etc.)
- On a baking sheet, toss the fruit with the sugar, lemon juice, and any flavorings. Let macerate while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the fruit is very soft and the juices have thickened a bit (they may even start to turn dark at the edges of the tray). Cooking time will depend on the type of fruit—smaller, softer fruits like berries will take 15-20 minutes, larger, firmer fruits like stone fruit may take 20-30 minutes.
- When the fruit is very soft and tender, remove it from the oven. While it’s still hot, use a potato masher or large fork to mash all the fruit on the tray. Transfer to a jar or other storage container and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
And MY favorite …
A PERFECT VEHICLE FOR ALL THAT JAM
~ says food 52 ~
No-Knead Peasant Bread | Genius Recipes
Check out …
this sounds so easy, now i my actually make some ! )
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me too, lol
Comments are closed.