ONE PAN HEALTHY SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES
– adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron, except I dropped the broccoli and I used 13 ounce smoked rope sausage, like Hillshire Farms; love their kielbasa too. The pictures with the cheese might not look as colorful or as appetizing as the ones without, but the taste is GREAT. And personally…it can rain parmesan cheese on any of my food! 😉 As a matter of fact, the family was so pleased with this one that I’m going to have to add more next time.
- 2 cups baby red potatoes
- 3/4ths pound green beans
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers 2 large or 6-7 mini sweet bell peppers
- smoked sausage or kielbasa
- olive oil, for tossing
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Prep the veggies: chop the red potatoes (pretty small pieces here so they will be tender in time), trim the green beans and halve (see video above recipe), chop the broccoli, chop the peppers into thick squares, and coin the sausage in thick slices.
Enjoy with fresh parsley if desired. And a favorite artisan bread