1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 to 1 1/2 pounds assorted mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup vegetable broth
2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
Two 15-ounce cans golden mushroom soup
16 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
Two 0.7-ounce packages dry Italian dressing
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound of your favorite pasta
Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Turn a slow cooker to low.
- Heat the oil and butter in a saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Increase the heat, cooking them until all the liquid is evaporated and the mushrooms are browned, working in batches if necessary. Add the vegetable broth and cook until the liquid is somewhat reduced. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the chicken, mushroom soup, cream cheese, dressing mix, black pepper and the mushroom mixture in the slow cooker and stir lightly to disperse the ingredients. Cover and cook all day, about 8 hours.
- Just before serving: Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Serve the chicken with the pasta and garnish with the Parmesan and parsley.