– ninja foodi style 😉
Skipped the carrots 🤷♀️ & next time I will sear/saute rice first to get a little toasted, otherwise DELICIOUS❗😜🐔🥡 We will make this over again! Crispy chicken thighs with rice pilaf 😁 on my good china 🤭
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Carrots & Rice Pilaf
- 1 box (6 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut in half, lengthwise
- 4 uncooked boneless skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poultry spice
APPROX. PRESSURE BUILD: 7 MINUTES
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK RELEASE
- Place rice pilaf, water, and butter into pot; stir to incorporate.
- Place reversible rack in the pot, making sure rack is in the higher position. Place carrots in center of rack. Arrange chicken thighs, skin side up, around the carrots. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 4 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- While chicken and rice are cooking, stir together warm honey, smoked paprika, cumin, and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Brush carrots with seasoned honey. Brush chicken with olive oil, then season evenly with poultry spice and remaining salt.
- Close crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, serve chicken with carrots and rice.
The following week, I made crispy chicken thighs again, with favorite seasonings. Along with Rice-A-Roni and green beans. The chicken was still frozen so I pressure cooked it for 10 minutes on high, removed from pot, patted dry with paper towel, seasoned, then Air Crisp or Air fried for 10 minutes per side.
You must be logged in to post a comment.