Oven Baked Pork Chops with Potatoes
I can attest to the deliciousness of this recipe; it’s going into our rotation. Family approved.
-from RECIPETIN EATS
Oven Baked Pork Chops with PotatoesPrep10 minsCook30 minsTotal40 minsRecipe video below. Made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, these pork chops are slathered in a country-style sauce then baked until sticky and golden. Add potatoes or any other vegetable that will bake in around the same time! This recipe is fabulous as it is but lends itself to many variations so add your own touch! MARINATING IS OPTIONAL. This is also great with CHICKEN.IngredientsRub
- 1 tspWorcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup(Note 1)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce(Note 2)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or white)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (Note 3)Chops
- 4 pork chops / cutlets , around 200g/7oz each including bone (Note 4)
- 800g/ 1.6 lb baby potatoes , larger ones cut in half (Note 5)
- 1 tbsp olive oilInstructionsPotatoes
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F (fan forced / convection) or 220C / 430F (standard oven).
- Toss potatoes in oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter on baking tray.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes (giving them a head start).Pork
- Meanwhile, mix the Rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Slather the pork on both sides with the Rub, reserving some Rub for basting. (See notes for marinating)
- Take the tray out of the oven. Place pork on the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tray from oven, spoon over reserved rub on the surface then bake for a further 10 minutes (or 15 minutes for large chops ~ 350g/12oz) (Note 4).
- Take tray out of the oven, flick to grill/broiler on high.
- Use a brush to get the golden juices off the tray (especially around pork) and dab it onto the pork – this is key for flavour and colour!
- Pop pork under grill/broiler for a few minutes until pork is caramelised and golden.
- Serve, scraping the juices on the tray onto the pork, then garnish with parsley if desired.
Oven Baked Pork Chops recipe video!
My pictures turned out hideous BUT the food a real winner! And under duress, pinched nerve in my neck; that shows how easy this is! And not such a good phone cam, as I laugh out loud. I’m throwing them below anyway…sure that I’ll delete them and replace on the next go round 😉 I included the original blogger’s pics…to make this recipe more enticing, because the flavors and success is the real deal.
You’ll see in pics that I did spoon drippings from pan onto chops…that stuff is good.
OH and by the way, why is MY pork chop shaped funny? Sort of like pacman? Because, believe it or not, that is the part of my granddaughter’s chop…that she DIDN’T want! Yeah, teenagers! Works for me.