Everyday salad – that’s easy 😉 I’ve been throwing that one together for over 40 years 😊 However, I’ll share my finds…that will give specifics; and/or ideas 🥰
Everyday Salad – from Gimme Some Oven
Our real-life, no-frills, easy-breezy, nice-and-healthy, fresh-and-flavorful, always-a-winner everyday green salad recipe.
- 5 ounces spring greens mix (or whatever greens you have on hand)
- 1 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- half of a medium red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pepitas or toasted pine nuts (or whatever nuts you have on hand)
- 1 batch Everyday Salad Dressing
EVERYDAY SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely-minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- To Make The Dressing: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To Make The Salad: Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!